Lake Placid is set in the Tri-Lakes region, featuring stunning scenery, a rich history, and plenty to do. Scattered around the west side of Lake Placid, you’ll find a vast range of shopping options. Spend quality time with loved ones, and shop ‘til you drop at some of the best stores and boutiques near Whiteface Lodge. For the ultimate Lake Placid shopping experience, check out our favorite go-to places.
Just a five minutes drive away from our Lake Placid resort, and well within walking distance, Alpine Mall is at the heart of the local shopping scene. Browse a massive range of outdoor gear for your Lake Placid adventures, search for souvenirs, or sample local products made by artisans. Stock up on local beverages to enjoy on your private balcony surrounded by nature at our Lake Placid lodge.
Best Lake Placid Shopping Recommendations
Shopping in Lake Placid, you’ll find plenty of local boutiques and storefronts that offer a variety of products, from beverages to premium products made in Upstate New York. Here is a selection of the best:
- Station Street Wine & Liquor – Huge selections of local beverages available.
- Simpli Nature – Hand-poured natural products, including delightful candles, body butter, lip balms, and more!
- Adirondack Chocolates – Premium chocolates guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- Saratoga Olive Oil – Recently produced, healthy extra virgin olive oil designed to educate the public on healthy choices.
- New Leaf Tree Syrups – Premium organic sweeteners made from species of organic trees.
- Pure Placid – Natural body and skin care, home fragrances, and soy candles with meaningful scents.
From unique local products to handmade crafts, if you’re shopping in Lake Placid on a Wednesday, the farmers market is a must-visit. Immerse yourself in the community, purchase from a local vendor and delight in the assortment of delicious honey, organic cheeses, and local beverages to local handmade crafts.
Stay in Luxury Nearby the Best of Lake Placid Shopping
Whiteface Lodge is in a stunning location nearby the best Lake Placid shopping areas, tucked into a picturesque woodland with fabulous views. When you stay at our Adirondacks resort, you’ll be just a short walk away from some of the best shops around Lake Placid. Choose between large one to three-bedroom suites that feature fully-equipped kitchens and cast-iron fireplaces. There’s nothing better than being able to drop all the shopping back nearby before heading out to explore more of the Adirondacks. Learn more about our latest availabilities online or give us a call on 518-523-0505.