Lake Placid is home to a varied range of events, taking advantage of our open spaces, fresh air, top-tier outdoor adventures, community spirit, and modern venues and arenas. From horse shows to a concert series, to a half marathon and a holiday extravaganza, there are events for everyone to enjoy in Lake Placid. There is something happening all the time in Lake Placid and the High Peaks Region, make sure you don’t miss anything!
Top 5 Upcoming Lake Placid Events
The team at Whiteface Lodge has compiled a list of can’t miss upcoming events. Check it out and start planning your Lake Placid getaway today!
- The Lake Placid and I Love NY Horse Shows occur during consecutive weeks in late June and early July. Featuring one of the nation’s premier hunter-jumper horse shows, this event attracts the nation’s best horses and riders that compete in four show rings.
- Come see the Lake Placid Sinfonietta during their Summer Concert Series that includes masterworks and classical treasures. Since 2006, this event has featured free concerts in the newly redesigned Mids Park in downtown Lake Placid.
- The Lake Placid Classic is a friendly running or walking event that takes participants through Lake Placid during the spectacular early fall season. Once you cross the finish line, it’s time for music, food, and unforgettable memories!
- During the Flaming Leaves Festival, crowds take in Blues, brews, and barbeque while the nation’s top ski jumpers soar off the Olympic Jumping Complex’s 90-meter ski jump.
- Celebrate the spirit of the holidays in the Adirondacks at the Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll. The Village of Lake Placid transforms into a winter wonderland full of holiday shopping, festive family fun, arts, and entertainment.
Luxury Lake Placid Resort in Upstate New York
Whatever fun-filled Lake Placid event you choose to attend, relax and unwind afterward in our well-appointed Lake Placid accommodations. Whiteface Lodge features spacious one, two, and three-bedroom suites that are tucked into the picturesque woodlands of the Adirondacks’ High Peaks region. Guests can enjoy luxury amenities such as a private cedar and mahogany balcony, a fully-equipped kitchen, a cast-iron fireplace, and much more. Learn more about our latest availability online or give us a call on 518-523-0505.