Escape the hustle and bustle of daily life at Whiteface Lodge. There are plenty of things to do in Lake Placid that allow you to explore our portion of the Adirondacks and while maintaining a safe distance from other people. Plus, you’re bound to feel refreshed and recharged after spending a few days enjoying the Whiteface Mountain, NY, nature scene.
Socially-Distanced Things to Do in Lake Placid
It’s the end of summer, so naturally, you’re ready to soak in the last few months of sunshine and greenery before winter. Luckily for you, our Adirondack hotel grants you access to several fun outdoor activities near Lake Placid, NY.
- Mountain bike tours are perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and maintaining a safe distance from other people. Wild Flower Tours will take you on a meditative journey around Whiteface Mountain. You’ll experience stunning scenic overlooks, a healthy dose of exercise, and learn about our slice of Upstate New York.
- Treat yourself to a few Lake Placid hikes for impressive sights, bird watching opportunities, and waterfront scenery.
- Picnic at Mirror Lake. Pack a blanket and your favorite foods for delightful picnic lunch around Mirror Lake. When you’re done, build a sandcastle, go for a swim, or soak in the beauty around you.
- Lake Placid boat rentals are excellent if you’re looking for a little more adventure. Bring along some fishing polls, paddle around the lake, or soak in the mountain scenery from the privacy of your pontoon.
- Spend some time riverwalking and forest bathing amid the Adirondacks. This sensory adventure is perfect for nature lovers. Wade through the river on a guided tour and take stock of your surroundings: the clear blue sky above you, how the water moves past you, the greenery bordering the river. Their forest bathing tour offers a similar sensory-sensitive outing but on land!
Treat Yourself at Our Adirondacks Resort
There’s nothing like spending the whole day exploring the great outdoors and then adjourning to your luxury suite at Whiteface Lodge for the night. Take a glance at our special deals and packages to see what we can do to behoove your Whiteface Mountain getaway. For more recommendations on things to do in Lake Placid, please give us a call at 518-523-0505. Our resourceful staff is happy to assist you.